The Ministry of Commerce, Industries, Labour and Immigration’s (MCILI) Foreign Investment Division (InvestSolomons) is the Solomon Islands Government’s Investment Promotion Agency (IPA) and works with other Government Divisions such as the Ministry of Mines, Energy and Rural Electrification’s (MMERE) Mines and Petroleum Divisions to promote Solomon Islands as a destination that is conducive for investment activities.
InvestSolomons is also responsible for registering foreign investors wanting to invest in the Solomon Islands and maintains a registry of all foreign investors in the country. The Division believes in private sector growth driven by private businesses and therefore, is very aware of the importance of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to Solomon Islands’ economy.
Objectives of InvestSolomons
- To promote Solomon Islands as a destination that is conducive to investment activities.
- To collaborate with other government agencies and stakeholders to increase Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- To provide up to date investor information through a professional and efficient registry system and data of foreign investors.
- To identify potential investment opportunities and help establish investment projects in the country.
- To help foreign investors successfully establish their investment projects in Solomon Islands’ key sectors of investment.
Key Sectors of Investment
- Tourism Development – accommodation/ resorts, adventure services.
- Fishing & Fish Processing.
- Food & Agribusiness.
- Commercial Livestock Farming.
- Timber Processing & Manufacturing.
- Mineral Prospecting and extraction
- Transport & Telecommunication Services.
- Any investment activity that is not on the reserved list.